POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3D Sound System : Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update
From: Rune
Date: 27 Sep 2004 18:06:36
Message: <41588eec@news.povray.org>
Dave VanHorn wrote:
> Could you render each sound independently, then mix
> the tracks down after everything's done?

I don't like that option. If you have a 30 seconds animation with 20 sounds,
it'll take 10 minutes just to generate the sound. This is because the sound
rendering engine works in real-time, so it it has to render each sound
seperately, which means one sound after the other (as well as all the
silence before and after the sound, in order to get the timing right).

However, right now I'm looking at another Java implementation of OpenAL
implemented in LWJGL ( http://www.lwjgl.org ) which doesn't have the
multiple-sound problem. I'm having some different problems with it though...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com